What is "1000 Breaths"
On the last day of the year in 2010 and 2011, a special event called "1000 Breaths" awakened audiences to their own innate power of freedom as well as supported a movement to free the enslaved children trapped into a prostituted lifestyle they do not truly choose.
Saturday, December 25, 2010
For today's post, I've decided since it's a holiday, to focus on the solution rather than the problem of child sex exploitation. The solution being the gift of awareness, prevention and hope we can give teens and their parents. One of the solutions is the short educational film, "Indoctrinated" to be screened in middle schools across the nation.
Here is a short promo of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfzYVjHtol0
The purpose of the film is:
• To increase awareness of the violence that impacts prostituted and exploited youth and their families
• To present facts and solutions in community forums, middle / high schools, and treatment centers
• To dissuade potential customers or exploiters from soliciting or facilitating prostitution
• To present concrete steps to combat this epidemic that destroys so many lives
• To educate youth and families, and warn them of the recruitment tactics employed by gangs and sex traffickers
Make this cause part of your holiday gift giving. Decide to join us on December 31 as we take part in a healing process - not just for ourselves but for our children.
To register for 1000 Breaths or make a donation to support the film: